Reference Librarian (PT)
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
The MVCC Utica Campus Library is seeking a part-time Reference Librarian to fill the following shift during the academic year -- Monday through Friday, 10am-2pm. Successful candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to assist multiple patrons at once.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides general reference services in person and online
- Conducts instructional sessions as part of the library’s information literacy program
- Provides computer-related assistance to patrons in library lab areas
- Assists with the creation of research guides and online tutorials in support of library instruction and other library services
- Oversees library facilities and insures smooth operations at assigned campus location
- Contributes to special projects as assigned
- American Library Association (ALA)-accredited master’s degree, or anticipated completion by May 2022
- Must be service-oriented, reliable, and flexible
- Academic library experience, knowledge of emerging technologies, and experience working with underrepresented groups
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 11/8/2021Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action,
Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence,
equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in
which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities,
governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse,
multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and
differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing
students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of
people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds,
religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different
abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status
or on the basis of disability.