Instructor - Phlebotomy (PT)
Salary: $30.00 per hour
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
The College is looking for exceptional colleagues to join the MVCC community. We are seeking a part-time Phlebotomy Instructor for our Center for Corporate and Community Education (CCED). CCED instructors teach contracted classes in accordance with established policies and guidelines. Courses may be taught in traditional classroom settings, virtually, or a combination. This position may include weekday, weekend, morning, daytime, and evening class scheduling. Specific assignments will be made according to the academic qualifications and availability of the individual and department needs.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Assists and oversees students in the satisfactory completion of the Phlebotomy training program by utilizing approved program curriculum to deliver content via lecture and hands-on instruction in a classroom and lab environment;
- Collects, reviews and organizes all required individual student documentation related to each student’s clinical clearance process;
- Acts as a liaison with clinical partner organization to complete individual student clinical clearance;
- Acts as a liaison with clinical partner organization and each student to schedule their clinical date;
- Completes student classroom/clinical trainings within the designated semester timeframe;
- Records and submits final student grades before the relevant semester due date;
- Other related duties as assigned by the CCED staff.
- Must be a Nationally Certified Phlebotomist with at least one (1) year of experience working in the field of phlebotomy OR have knowledge of phlebotomy and be certified or licensed in one of the following allied health fields; Medical Assistant, Medical Technology, Medical Technician, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Respiratory Therapist or Laboratory Assistant
- Associate degree in healthcare related field
- Minimum of one (1) year of healthcare related teaching experience
- History of strong organization and data management skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills working with culturally and intellectually diverse students
- Student oriented
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 1/22/2024Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action,
Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence,
equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in
which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities,
governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse,
multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and
differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing
students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of
people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds,
religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different
abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status
or on the basis of disability.