Position Title: Adjunct Instructors - Hospitality for Spring 2021
Salary: Class/lecture - $53.96; Lab/practicum - $45.66
Required Qualifications: Associate degree in discipline OR 5 years of relevant experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in discipline; Experience working in a restaurant and/or bakery, teaching or tutoring, teaching at a community college and using Blackboard. Online teaching experience is a plus
The School of Business and Hospitality at MVCC invites applications for Adjunct Instructors of Culinary and Hospitality courses. Teaching faculty at MVCC have the primary responsibility of fulfilling the College's mission of providing high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students.
Adjunct faculty members teach contracted classes in accordance with established policies, guidelines, and learning outcomes. Lectures and labs may be taught in traditional classroom settings, virtually, or a combination. This position may include both daytime and evening classes. Specific assignments will be made according to the academic qualifications and availability of the individual and the School needs. Courses may include Food Preparation, Baking classes, or additional courses in the culinary / hospitality discipline as needed.
- Facilitate classroom instruction;
- Teach assigned class in accordance with the learning objectives;
- Develop and maintain syllabus materials;
- Evaluate student performance;
- Maintain grades, enter midterm and final grades;
- Respond promptly to student inquiries;
- Maintain attendance records according to MVCC standards;
- Integrate current and emerging instructional delivery technologies into the learning process;
- Maintain professional standards that protect student confidentiality;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using discretion, patience, and courtesy.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
In addition to the required application, all applicants should submit a cover letter describing their availability and qualifications for the position and a detailed resume/CV.
Review Start Date: 12/14/2020
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.